Robert Klein has been a real estate broker for Kalmon Dolgin since 1983 specializing in Industrial, Commercial, Investment, and Development Real Estate in the Metropolitan Area of New York, Bob has represented both Landlords/Tenants and specializes in the Brooklyn and Queens Market. He has sold and leased several million square feet of industrial/commercial space and has coordinated the sale of numerous rezoned residential properties in Greenpoint and Williamsburg, and downtown Brooklyn area.
When the City of New York rezoned parts of Greenpoint and Williamsburg, Brooklyn to allow residential development, Bob immediately recognized the potential and convenience the area offered to young urban Hipsters who have made the way from the lower East side of New York City where the rental market has out priced theses young creative people, with its well developed infrastructure, close proximity to Manhattan and affordable prices, With this in mind and his strong relationship with local owners and developers, a marketing strategy was implemented targeting properties in the rezoned areas which resulted in the majority of the residential development deals.
Some Residential Development Sites Bob has brokered include:
- 568 Union Avenue, North Side Williamsburg, NY: 35,000 sq. ft. site buildable to + 108,000 sq. ft. in the Williamsburg Rezoning District. Sold for $20,000.000.00 (Total development 100 units).
- 544 Union Avenue, North Side Williamsburg, NY: 40,000 sq. ft. site, buildable to + 110,000 sq. ft. in the Williamsburg Rezoning District. Sold for $13,600.00
- 299 South 1st Street Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY: 23,000 sq. ft. site, buildable to + 60,000 sq. ft. in the new North Side / Green point Rezoning District. Sold for $6,000,000.00 (Total development + $25,000,000.00)
- 236-242 South 1st Street North Side Williamsburg, NY: 17,500 sq. ft. site combined a 4 story loft building with a 7500 sq ft parking lot buildable to + 62,000 sq. ft. in the new Green Point/ Williamsburg Rezoning District. Sold for $5,500.00 (Total development + $20,000,000.00)
- 211 North 11 Street North Side Williamsburg, NY 18,500 sq ft plots the site was separated into two equal tax lots sold for $3,000.00
Other notable transactions include
Manhattan Ford: Negotiated the leasing of there first New car showroom in Bay ridge Brooklyn a 7500 sq ft building on a 25,000 sq ft plot ( negotiated with EDC in the Brooklyn Army Terminal (BAT) the FAMCO Building a 33,000 sq ft building on an 80,000 sq ft plot. To be used as a service center for there Bay Ridge New Car Showroom.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital: Negotiated a 10 year lease for Memorial Sloan Kettering to be there first Cancer treatment center in Downtown Brooklyn, NY across from the Barclay center.
Strober Bros. Lumber: Negotiated with the Port Authority of New York / New Jersey a 350,000 sq ft site for Strober Bros Wholesale / Distribution Facility
VANS Apparel: Negotiated and leased to vans a 22,000 sq ft (venue only) sports and apparel theme center for corporate buyers.
Bob Klein remains active in a number of professional and community organizations.